Thursday, January 05, 2006

Microfinance Research Centre

This morning I have had a fascinating discussion with the Head of the Microfinance Resource Centre in the University. Dao Van Hung, the Associate Dean of the Faculty of Banking and Finance has given me some contacts at the World Bank to start researching some alternate models for the student loan scheme.

I found my way into one of the computer labs to get onto the internet, and I made some Vietnamese friends.
Thang and Trung. We did our best to communicate with phrase book, black board and sign language.



Trung tells me that his wife gave birth to twins three weeks ago, Minh Tho, and Minh Thi. I asked to see a photo, but Vietnamese tradition says its bad to take pictures of such young souls. Trung would be OK with it but he lives with his parents, wife and little sister, and the family influence to obey tradition is very strong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home